We are so excited to announce that we are teaming up with Sisterhood of Strong to bring you a new meet-up offering! Introducing our Wisdom Walk – A Guided Intergenerational Stroll. When Theresa approached me about teaming up to host this event, I loved the idea, but as I started researching intergenerational activities, I loved her idea even more! A study by Generations United emphasizes the importance of intergenerational programming:
“…participation in intergenerational programs and meaningful cross-age relationships may decrease social isolation and increase older adults’ sense of belonging, self-esteem, and well-being, while also improving social and emotional skills of children and youth participants.”
So just what is a this event? Who should attend? Keep reading for all of the important details:
Who should attend?
- Grandparents looking for outside activities to do with their grandchildren
- Adults looking for gentle physical activities
- Moms/Dads/Families/Caregivers looking for kid-friendly activities
- People looking to have assistance navigating the trails at Dahlem
What is a Wisdom Walk?
- Our Wisdom Walk will be a guided stroll through the trails at Dahlem Center with the purpose being bringing generations together to enjoy camaraderie, physical activity, and nature!
When and where will the walk be?
- Our intergenerational walk will take place on Saturday, June 4, at 1:00 p.m. at the Dahlem Center. We will meet near the front by the community gardens/trellis.
Is registration required for the walk?
- Registration will help us know how many participants plan to attend, provides us with a way to contact you in case of inclement weather. You can register for free by clicking here.
If you have any questions about this event, contact Theresa from Sisterhood of Strong at email@example.com, or Elizabeth from Wonder and Wander – Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are you waiting for? Click here to register for this event!
Interested in more community events? Head to our Connect page for more community offerings!