Just a few school days stand between the kiddos and summer break! Therefore, we are busy over here getting ready to bring you the best kid-friendly summer content and updates! However, we know that the end of the school year is busy, so today we’re sharing five quick and simple ways to ring in summer!
Five Kid-Friendly Ways to Ring in Summer
1) Sign up for Jackson District Library’s Summer Reading Program and put books on hold
- Nothing is more important for school-age kiddos than spending time reading every day. Jackson District Library’s Summer Reading Program provides the perfect incentives to do so. This program is free to participate in, and provides children with the chance to get free books and win prizes! You can sign up for this program here: https://myjdl.com/explore/summer-reading-program
- After that, spend some time browsing JDL’s virtual catalog with your kiddos, and put a bunch of books on hold. This is a great way to secure books that your kids are interested in to keep them reading all summer long! Click here to search the JDL catalog: https://jacks.ent.sirsi.net/client/en_US/default/search/results?lm=&qu=&searchButton=
2) Make a splash at the Beginning of Summer Celebration
- The Cascades Splash Pad will be the place to be on June 10 starting at 11 a.m. Thanks to The Kiwanis Club of Jackson, admission to the Splash Pad is free. In addition, there will be free pizza and ice cream while supplies last! Check out full event details here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1706131119733094?ref=newsfeed
3) Sign-up for one of Wonder and Wander – Jackson’s June Events
- We have two events planned for June, and we’d love to have you join in. Up first – our Wisdom Walk – an Intergenerational Event co-hosted by Sisterhood of Strong. This walk takes place on June 4 at 1:00 p.m. – and you can find more information here: https://wonderandwanderjackson.com/wisdom-walk-a-guided-intergenerational-stroll-jackson-michigan/
- Next, we have our Movement Meet-u on June 18. Led by Allie, we’ll join together at Coterie Jackson for a kid-friendly Barre class. A Barre workout is a fun class that blends ballet-inspired moves with elements of yoga, Pilates, and strength training. Don’t have a dance background? Don’t worry! This class is accessible for all levels, and zero knowledge or training is necessary! We’ll all have a bunch of fun working up a sweat and moving to the beat of the music. Details and registration can be found here: https://wonderandwanderjackson.com/introducing-our-movement-meet-up/
4) Check out the Wonder and Wander – Jackson Community Calendar
- The calendar is filling up fast, and we keep finding new events to add daily. Don’t worry – we’ll be updating all summer long. How many events can you squeeze into your summer? Click here to head to the calendar: https://wonderandwanderjackson.com/community-calendar-and-resources/
5) Fill out your Summer Adventure List
- Hot off the presses, we designed this year’s Summer Adventure with the inspiration of Jackson’s summer events in mind. Featuring a whimsical hot-air balloon, you can either download our pre-filled Summer Adventure List, or you can download our blank version to fill in your own adventures. After you complete an adventure, color in that square, and at the end of summer you’ll have a colorful piece of art to remember your fun summer!
In conclusion, we can’t wait to hear about all of your adventures! Make sure to take @wonderandwanderjackson on Instagram and Facebook so we can see all of your kid-friendly summer fun!